Thursday, February 9, 2012

Two is still One

February 5th, 2012

Last Sunday Finland got a new president. It was expected that my favorite (check here who) didn't have great chances, but there was always space for hope. What came as a surprise, though, was the huge difference between Pekka and Sauli's votes. Sadly, it broke the record. That's something to be disappointed about, and the fact that less people voted comparing to the last election.

However, I realized after a while that we got over a million people to vote for our man, Pekka. Over a million people voted for tolerance and a brighter future.

A politician mentioned that he senses a much healthier atmosphere now in the country. This is not a defeat, only a step towards victory.

As I leave London soon, I think it will be the first time I feel proud of going back to Finland.

2 comments: