Monday, January 30, 2012

Top 11 Devil's Rejects of 2011

After listing my top songs and videos of last year, it's time for the final list. And yes I know it's a really bad name, but I couldn't come up with anything better. But basically the Devil's Rejects list is going to consist of tracks, which just in just didn't make it into the main lists, are something that others have shared with me, something that people don't believe I like, extremely catchy or just plain random.

Here they are:

11. iremembertapes. - Gossip
When I started my internship, the first task was to listen to this song. Me and my collegue were doomed for a whole month to instinctly have this on repeat and sing along.



10. EMA - Milkman
The first time I heard her music was when she was supporting Zola Jesus. One of the best support acts I've seen. Milkman is such an energetic rocking song with a cool video. You have to love her awkward dance moves.



9. Lana del Rey - Blue Jeans
First time hearing it, I disliked it. Now 'You fit me better, than my favorite sweater' line is something I find to be genius.



8. Isaac Parker - All I Know (Isaac Parker Remix)
I'm not a huge fan of remixes, but this is bad ass. And apparently it was his first ever remix, should we believe that?



7. Los Campesinos! - By Your Hand
This is one of those songs that have a chorus, which you can imagine everyone singing all together in some rock bar. Sad lyrics, but a fun night out.



6. Red n Pink - Badman
You either love it or hate it. And I looove it. This is one of the few up and coming bands, who actually have their image all figured out. Thumbs up to that, and to the dude in 2:21.



5. Hurts - Sunday
I'm not a fan of the band, but I'm a huge fan of the song. The lyrics and melody are amazing.



4. Emmy The Great & Tim Wheeler - Home For The Holidays
Of course there has to be a Christmas song included in this list! The video is extremely cheesy, but Emma-Lee's awkward clapping in the beginning is ace.



3. Vektroid - Wild Wave
Three words for you: Summer. Skate. Tune.




2. Jimmy Wong - Ching Chong! Asians in the Library Song
Last spring a UCLA student posted a racist video on YouTube, which resulted in her receiving many death threats. And this;



And ladies and gentlemen after many great songs and videos it's time for the number one Devil's Reject of 2011. Some of you will hate me for this and some of you will think that using the devil's reject is in this case 100% compatible.

But there must be something done right, if this song pops into your mind every Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

Fun, fun, fun, fun.



What were your Devil's Rejects of 2011?

No comments:

Post a Comment