Friday, October 14, 2011

Tower Bridge Gorillas

19.9.2011

After work we met up with our classmate Antti, who had come to London for a visit. We bought some snacks and hung out by the Tower Bridge area, which I hadn't seen before. It's a really nice place to sit around and the pavement is so smooth for longboarding. The only thing is that there are others who think the same too.

Pictures by A.Luukkonen






A couple of days later I went to have a proper look at the 20 life-size gorillas decorated by UK artists, which were auctioned after the exhibition. £400,000 was raised for the vital gorilla conservation work! They reminded me of the Sigourney Weaver movie 'Gorillas in the Mist', which everyone needs to see. I must say that gorillas are huge, and it would be scary to face one. But they did have cute butts.







Pictures from Xinhuanet



Ps. I got a package from a dear family friend of ours today. It had all the good Finnish stuff.

Pps. I've been cracking my fingers so much lately that it feels like they'll fall off soon.

Ppps. Yesterday was amazing, can't wait to blog about it! *Champion Sound*

No comments:

Post a Comment