Monday, April 8, 2013

French Films @Lutakko, Jyväskylä

I've said it many times that French Films are for me the best Finnish band. They're also great live. I was stoked to go see them play at the legendary Lutakko venue, but... I think it was the most disappointing show I've ever been to. Hate to say it, but it's only my opinion. Well, not really. My friend who saw them for the first time, thought so too. "It can't get lamer than this", he said.

The last time the guys performed here was at a packed indie club. I remember them apologizing for the short set, since they only had their debut out. Completely understandable.

Their recent gig felt shorter, which is weird because they had just released their sophomore a day earlier. Also, there was no one selling the freshly out of the oven album at the place itself. Maybe it's because they were in such a hurry to hit the bars. Dunno.





Simply, I was missing some of their songs, the sound was a bit off and the atmosphere would have been better at a smaller venue (can't blame them for that though).

Anyways, still love you guys, hope it was a one night thing, if not then you should get your act together.

*oh dear*

No comments:

Post a Comment