Thursday, April 11, 2013

He Ain't Heavy, He's My Brother



This Monday will mark the 24th anniversary of the Hillsborough disaster, in which 96 Liverpool supporters lost their lives. He Ain't Heavy, He's My Brother, made famous by The Hollies topped that UK Christmas charts last December. With the likes of Sir Paul McCartney, Mel C and Robbie Williams, The Justice Collective Version's proceeds were given to support the families in their long legal battle to claim justice for the 96. Until last autumn the police did not take any responsibility of what had happened, stating that it was the fans' fault they had died. The families and supporters had to wait over 23 years for them to finally acknowledge their mistake.

Naturally, as a Reds supporter myself I wanted to contribute by buying the single. I actually did that at Heathrow Airport, and I don't remember when is the last time I held a physical single. But the best part of it all is that supporters of different teams bought it too.

Football is the best way to unite people.




absolutely love how the 96 are remembered on the newest lfc jersey

No comments:

Post a Comment