Friday, April 5, 2013

Friday Feature: Droid Daughter



Hailing from Warminster, Pennsylvania, 18-year-old Connor Lepre has spent the last 12 months expressing himself through his electronic project- Droid Daughter. I'd say the year has been awfully busy for him having released, wait I'm not sure if I even counted correctly, but at least 3 EPs of his own and two full-lengths. In addition there are just loads of remixes, split EPs and all sorts of collaborations with other great local artists that Lepre has done.

Lately I've been listening to a lot of jazz, hip hop and synch electro. For me Droid Daughter represents electronic music in its purest format. No tricks or gimmicks, just raw passion and talent mixed with a hint of groove. I can notice that Lepre takes his musical path seriously with a great sense of DIY attitude and professionalism. So, I won't be surprised when we see him hitting it big in the years to come.


No comments:

Post a Comment