Monday, August 6, 2012

Two Two

December 1st, 2011

While living in Holland I already was planning to celebrate my 22nd birthday in another country. At that time I wasn't yet sure where, but somewhere new it had to be. And so it was.

England became the fifth country to turn older with the previous countries including Finland, Sweden and The Philippines. In the end the place doesn't really matter, as long as there's good company and *krh* food and beer.

During my London stay I was part of a street marketing team; handing out flyers in exchange of getting on gigs' guest lists. Coincidentally on that day we had a get-together with the team at a Yellowcard gig. I wasn't too excited about the band, and I even didn't know it still existed. However I was amazed of the amount of passionate "old" and new fans. And the mosh pits! At a pop punk gig!

Our team leader Joshua surprised me by giving a bottle of champagne and a guest list spot to any event I wanted to. Thanks again! You'll find out later, which event I picked and I'm pretty sure you didn't see it coming.

I also got to know some new people from the team. I especially remember this turquoise-haired girl, Stefanie, who seemed to be more excited of my bday than I was. To every person passing by, she had to announce it. So sweet and so was her camera too!





Needless to say that it was a very relaxing night spent moshing.

The celebration continued on the weekend with sushi and chocolate cake. Also, my long-awaited wish came true; tea tasting party!








sent from finland


Thanks to all for being there and based on the gifts, you guys know me pretty well!

No comments:

Post a Comment