Thursday, May 9, 2013

Thank You For The Music

It's a bitter sweet thing when I sometimes discover a really amazing song during those hours when I should be in bed already. I mean, I get so excited and energized by it that it ends up being on repeat for a really long time causing me to be part of the living dead the next day. Although, I'm never too tired to put that very same tune on repeat again the first thing I wake up.

For me it's shocking to hear when someone doesn't consider music to be the most important thing or important at all for them. Then I'm in my head like "is there anything else we could talk about now? should I really be bothered to get to know you anymore?". 

Don't get me wrong, though. I'm not as shallow as I sound. Music is just a huge part of my life that it's hard to believe that it isn't for everyone else.

One of the most horrifying comments came from my mother, when she told me I should sell my CDs if I move abroad. That was the moment when I realized what my relation to music exactly was- it's my most loyal and understanding companion. 

Friends come and go, but music is to stay. 

All the phases of life, all the emotions I feel. Let it be sad, happy, on top of the world or just absolutely effin' torn up. Music is there for me. 

Wherever my feet take me, music is by my side. To each place I say goodbye/hello, music is there with me. 

It's there to give me a push, encourage me to let go, catch me when I'm falling... I seriously would be completely lost without it. I haven't had a best friend since elementary, but when I think about it, that's just a rubbish statement. 

Music's been my best friend since cradle. And it will be just that beyond my last breathe.




note: while writing this the writer was listening to abba. oh, don't be too surprised.

No comments:

Post a Comment