Friday, May 3, 2013

Friday Feature: Cable Car

by chris mcmahon

Two flew from Rhode Island and one from England to Los Angeles. After a few laughs and drinks, Cable Car was born.

Through their songs the three guys give you a glimpse of what's it like to live in the city of angels.
One word. One chord. One beat at a time.

Every single aspect of their recently released EP, Ride, screams of summer. While listening to it, images of the beach, driving in a convertible and the blazing hot sun pop into my mind. Cable Car's music is something that would fit perfectly into the mainstream. They're like a mix of Train and Jason Mraz, but with a more soulful indie touch.

However, I have to admit that I'm not a big fan of summer, but it's just my preference. Though, I'm glad that their best tune Wait For Me reminds me of the greatest time of the year- the beginning of autumn. I actually do hope that the guys would continue with the rockier and darker style. That being said, I can't wait to see where the lovely guys will end up.




thanks sarah for the recommendation & happy ever after!

No comments:

Post a Comment