Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Princess Chelsea - The Cigarette Duet

I've been receiving a lot of good music on my Facebook page, thank you for that, keep on sharing!

I promised to blog about the ones I really liked; earlier I featured French Films, and now I want to present you this song from Kiwi Princess Chelsea.

The Cigarette Duet starts with a fairy tale melody, and that vibe continues throughout the song. As soon as the singing starts, you get captivated by the 'dialogue' between the couple.

The atmosphere on the video is the complete opposite. It has this stifled 70s setting in it, and not too many shots (I even thought that it was a one shot video). Though this concept suits the song extremely well, and you must watch it until the very end. You'll learn an interesting fact, which also adds a whole new dimension to the story.



A thank you for sharing this song with me goes to my German friend George, who I met in The Netherlands. I'll always remember our Crystal Castles gig in Belgium and when we had to stay the night at the cold train station. Hope you're doing well in Hong Kong and happy birthday again!

2 comments:

  1. You should join a Facebook group called I need new music. I spotted this song there several weeks ago and people do tend to be quite on top of the issue there.

    ReplyDelete