Thursday, September 15, 2011

Suzanne and I

Yesterday at work I noticed that Anna Calvi's new video was available. I was anxious to get home and write about it, but I never got home until now. More of that at some point.

Anyways, I've told at least a couple of times that 'Suzanne and I' is my favorite song of her debut album. From the first time I heard it until the time I didn't see the video, I never had any kind of image for a video of the song. (Which is very weird, because usually when I listen to music I start to think of what kind of video I would do for the song.)

And now after seeing it, I have that image stuck in my head.

I've been waiting for a while now to see a really great video from Anna Calvi. And not only was the director Romain Chassaing able to deliver that, but also I think that it is one of the best music videos I've ever seen.

The choreography by Lionel Hoche and the dancers tell the story beautifully, and the slow motion bits give it the extra dramatic cut. A classmate of mine in Holland said very often 'it's love' when she talked about something that she really liked. This could be 'über love' then.

I've probably said enough of one video already, though I could go on and on. But simply; a dramatic video for a dramatic song, Bju-ti-ful. I should just go Suzanne and Aijaijai and let you watch it.



Ps. I also love her hair in this.

No comments:

Post a Comment