Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Top 10 Videos of 2012

Normally, I don't have the patience to watch too many music videos, so it was a bit hard to come up with this list. Even harder than my top albums, which is coming tomorrow. However, I was stunned by these videos, which are great in many different ways. Have a look and let me know your favorite 2012 clips! Enjoy.


10. Crystal Castles - Plague

This is made by a fan, which the band liked so much they decided to make it their official video. The footage is from 1981 movie Possession and it's quite distressing.




9. Willis Earl Beal - Evening's Kiss

It's not uncommon for musicians to direct their own videos, but to draw one?




8. Polica - Amongster

Close up footage of animals always does the trick.




7. P!nk - Blow Me (One Last Kiss)

The red used within the black and white is just intriguing.




6. Chairlift - Met Before

This is an interactive video, in which you can choose the path with your arrow keys. There are many twists and endings. In my story the singer died from bee stings. Click here to try yourself.

5. M.I.A. - Bad Girls

This can easily provoke many, but what if this time we'd all just admire the bad-assness of it.




4. The Shins - Simple Song

Never has a story been told this well in a music video. It's highly entertaining and the twist will shock you.




3. Dominant Legs - Make Time For The Boy

I finally had watched Twin Peaks about half a year earlier before this video premiered.


Dominant Legs - "Make Time For The Boy" from stereogum on Vimeo.

2. Grimes - Oblivion

A tight budget results into a tight schedule results into this.




1. Explosions In The Sky - Postcard From 1952

Last year Anna Calvi's Suzanne and I became my all time favorite video. Never ever would I have thought that another video could beat it, let along in the following year. Despite this being 7 minutes long, I had it on repeat for many days. No doubt that this time the video will remain as my all time favorite.



Postcard From 1952 from Explosions in the Sky on Vimeo.


Tomorrow the top albums are up! Remember to let me know your favorite 2012 videos!

1 comment:


  1. stan brakhage esq - lantz45
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wwaV0ydt_NA

    ReplyDelete