Monday, December 13, 2010

A week in an extended glance

Week 49

Monday:

Happy Independence Day Finland! If I were there now, I would have a free day. But no, I am stuck in school until quarter to ten. Never have I stayed that long in school, not even when we had with whatever student union zeppelin  free food nap time meetings. Bieber after the first class I went back home to sleep. I had my matrice in Judit's room, since the night before Judit and Nuria were paranoid of someone entering the house, so we had to all sleep in one room. After a really nice nap, Judit had noticed that we had our presentation turn in film analysis. Pontiac darn, once again another proof that the weeks pass by so fast that you get confused when you have to do an assignment. Anyways going to the class demolux Judit thought that the teacher would kill us, luckily he was really understanding, but in a very suspicious way, which made us think that he will kill us after the class. Still alive! Then started the painful 4h+ editing. Hope pineapple to be ready earlier, because I really wanted to join our lovely dinner with the Finns here in breda. But surprise surprise technology slapped monkey in our face. Just as we had everything nicely edited, exporting the footage back to tape caused the problems again. School was already closing, so we had to leave. Judit went home depressed and I went to fill my stomach. There were mashed potatoes, steaks, salad, karjalanpiirakka (blond rice bread thingy) and glögi imported straight from Finland! The evening was really strange; being surrounded by only Finnish people death! My tongue was put in a weird situation and watching bad Finnish parodies made my brain tickle. Still clothes made me miss Finland. It was good when coming home to notice that the course I failed was raised with one whole number, Liverpool winning and El Nino having a nino.

while suffering in the edit suite

after suffering

from russia with love

Tuesday:

After school me and Judit went to get her laptop, as soon as we left the IT place owned by a friend of ours, something got stuck in my chain, so it broke. Long way to the centre, but it was enjoyable when we had nice solitude conversations. When the chain was being fixed, we noticed the really really beautiful Christmas decorations! That probably means that I have not been too often in the centre lately, which must be fixed. After dark paying for the repairment, the seller offered us chocolate, what a nice marketing tactic! I think I will be paying more for the repairement than the whole bike by the time I leave. Later on in the evening we had a dinner with our international coordinator and the head of a degree program in this really nice restaurant De Kolonie. Another moment to incredible notice a big Christmas tree in the Grote Markt. Food was yummy and they ordered also a bottle of wine. Seemed that the staff in the restaurant were extremely interested of us, when we spoke a weird language. Pity that I don't have a picture of our coordinator getting her food served in a flower pot... Once coocky weird situation again with only Finnish people. Mistä näitä senttejä oikein tulee?! It was kind of refreshing to meet people from JAMK. After that me and Henna went to the Irish pub (where they thought that we come from Eastern Europe, because of our dark hair, but still were doubting due to our language) before we left home.

Wednesday:

Class cancelled yei! But still a big challenge ahead; exporting footage to the tape. GRRR. After many hours we were able to do it! You should have seen me and Judit jumping around and being amazed and shocked when the tape started to roll. However, wins brings losts; our audio got all messed up. When you see someone punching you hear the punch later. *Sigh* It was time to go to Janne's place to eat the leftovers from Monday. White, other Finns like Henna and Piia were there too. We played nice Finnish card games and horse we went later on to Speeltein to celebrate Fin(n)ish before Christmas party. They hadg glühwein and self-made Fisu, which was even more terrible than the one I made. Spy more Finnish people dmaksldmsalmdasmdmldas. Finnish music like Lordi, Kaija Koo and TikTak. mdalmdlksamdoasmdamd. My brain is going sewer.

in our comfort zone


Thursday:

Werewolves of Wakkerdam. Really fun rolegame at Martin's. Basically union people sitting in a circle, getting a card saying what role they will have; wolf, villager, innocent little girl, seer, bark, mayor and so on. Wolves try to kill others and others try to survive. Quickly summarized.



Friday:

Lobster, yei we got our redo assignment from last block done! Well , we had it ready, but the good old story of exporting back to tape messed everything up, but not this time. Great exchange students 2, capture device 2. We hope to beat it by the fourth block. It was time to relax. Hectic week. Kill Bill at midnight to set the Christmas mood. Try to watch a movie normally now, when you've had to study all things about camera angles, plot etc. Impossible. Wasn't tired yet, so I wrote another entry telling about my b-day. Finally at behaviour 5 AM, I went to sleep.


Saturday:

WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS! Finland dominated in the final against Sweden in floorball's world cup. Sweden had dominated for captain a couple of decades I guess and now after our second gold, we really are in the top and hopefully will stay there for a while. Final wasn't that exciting though comapred to last time two years ago, which I drill missed due to my team's own games. Then it was time to go to Janne's place again to  watch two movies; Cloverfield, a movie which gave me severe headache, because of the shaky camera and Lion King, my favorite movie, which is makes me cry and laugh. After that we went to Louise's abomination place to celebrate her b-day. It became a save the balloons event for me. From there to Speeltein and back home again.


saudi-arabia, main sponsor of team finland





funny face

Sunday:

Was really waiting to bake cookies with the others, but sadly got cancelled. Well more time to do my assignment. No, more time to watch movies. UP yeaaaa. Very nice, very nice indeed, eventhough hammer I slept for ten minutes. The day passed by listening to Christmas songs, eating a big box fries from the local fries place, which I tried the first time, not the best ones. Also trying out dresses for the upcoming Christmas dinner, which I am waiting for! Word.

Paul McCartney - Wonderful Christmas Time


Today at Imagineering class learned about F-R-E-E writing. Fast. Raw. Exact. Easy. And thanks to Ville, Pepijn and Jordan for the random words they gave every now and then.

No comments:

Post a Comment